Monday, May 2, 2016

Reading Evaluation

The readings I enjoyed the most were the European readings. It was interesting to read stories that I've heard and seen growing up, but in a different light. The reading diary strategy I found most helpful for me was to read one complete story the whole way through, and then go back and jot down the main points of the story and the specific parts of the story that stuck out to me. That way I could think of how to write my story and add in key parts from a particular story in my readings that week. It was pretty easy to write my own story each week because there were plenty of options to choose from in my weekly readings. I always thought it was going to be tough to write a story each week, but once I browsed through the different ways to re-tell I could immediately pick one and match to one of my stories. My advice to anyone taking this class in the future is to get ahead and stay ahead! It's easier said than done, and I wish I would've stayed ahead. I might've been able to finish the class a week early if I would've.

No comments:

Post a Comment