Monday, January 11, 2016

My Favorite Places

Picking one place in the world I would consider "my favorite" is a hard choice to make. So I narrowed my favorite places down to three. Honolulu, Las Vegas & Nassau.

Honolulu, Hawaii. I just visited Honolulu for the first time in August 2015. Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth. From the beaches, craters, bays, and Pearl Harbor it is easily one of my favorite places.


(Image Info: Personal photo from Hanauma Bay; August 2015)

We went snorkeling one morning in Hanauma Bay.



(Image Info: Personal photo from Koko Head Crater; August 2015)


We hiked Koko Head Crater and it was not easy! 1106 steps on old railroad ties. 



(Image Info: Personal photo from Diamond Head Crater; August 2015)

My mom and I after we hiked Diamond Head Crater, Honolulu in the background.



Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been to Vegas around five times now and I can't wait to go back! I don't necessarily love to gamble I just love walking the strip, people watching, and taking in the city. Also, I've seen Britney three times now and I would see her again in a heartbeat! :)




The strip at night: Vegas




(Video Info: Personal video from Las Vegas; October 2015)

Here's a little snippet of Britney the last time I saw her.



Nassau, Bahamas. As you can see from all of my favorite places I love warm weather. Whether it's the desert or a beach I really enjoy the heat. I've visited Atlantis in the Bahamas three times now and if I could move there tomorrow I would. The water is crystal clear, the locals are friendly, and the beaches are perfect. What more could you ask for?


(Image Info: Personal photo from Nassau, Bahamas; January 2014)

Sunset picture over Nassau.



(Image Info: Personal photo from Nassau, Bahamas; January 2014)

View from our room.


1 comment:

  1. I was so excited when I saw Honolulu was on your list of places, Austin: I went to my freshman year of high school there (we lived in Hawaii Kai, and I went to Kaiser high school). That was way back in the 1970s... I am glad to hear that it can still captivate people now as it did me then! It was so different from anywhere I had lived before; we were in Arizona before coming to Hawaii: from the desert to the water. I loved them both! All your photos here look beautiful (and how cool that you included that bit of video!), but of course it is the one of Hanauma Bay that really pulls at me: I have so many happy memories of that place! Maybe you will even want to do a project for class on Hawaiian folklore and mythology; there are some great resources online for that: Sacred Texts Archive: The Pacific.

    ReplyDelete